By installing the Netgear Wi-Fi range extender, you can enjoy better coverage of the internet as it extends the wireless signal using a wired or wireless connection. All you need is to have the router’s settings such as network name and password. This will let you get access to the range extender. With the help of the Range Extender, you can repeat the wireless signals of any access point or router. In this way, you can enjoy internet connectivity at the dead zone where the network range is zero.
Here on this page, we are discussing all the major and minor information related to the wifi extender Netgear setup. This will let you get aware of all the details regarding the working and features of the Wi-Fi extender.
HOW TO ESTABLISH A CONNECTION BETWEEN THE EXTENDER AND THE ROUTER?
To connect your NETGEAR WiFi range extender with the router, you will need a reliable Ethernet cable or just go wirelessly. Some of the steps related to the new extender setup are as follow:
Firstly you will need to connect your computer system with the extender to initiate the process of new extender setup. For this, you will need an Ethernet cable.
Then, launch a web browser of your choice on your computer.
Type in http://mywifiext.net in the address bar of your web browser. Press ENTER.
After this, the login admin of the extender will display in front of you.
Then you will be asked to enter the default username and password in the required columns of username and password respectively. You can use ADMIN as the username and PASSWORD as the password. For more details, you can take the help of the user manual that comes along with the extender.
Click the Username & Password Help link in case you want to recover your password.
If you want to reset the login credentials, then you can do so by following the right steps.
To verify the value in the Password field that matches your router password, you need to check out the essential security options.
You might need to reconnect your WiFi devices to the extender in case the password of the devices does not match up.
SETUP PROCEDURE OF WI-FI EXTENDER:
You will need an Ethernet cable through which you can establish a connection between the extender and the computer system.
To give the power supply to the range extender, you need to plug in the electrical source. Make sure that the LED lights on the extender are glowing and the color is solid green.
Open the browser on your system and then type in the router’s IP address in the required column.
You will see a prompt window on the screen where you need to fill in the required credentials like the username and passkey. To sign in, you need to enter ‘admin’ in the password column and leave the username field empty.
You need to select the basic wireless settings by clicking on the wireless option.
Assign the radio button to manual and type the network name of your specific router.
Reach the wireless security section and click the setting option there. In this way, you can match your router’s configuration. You can easily save the settings after typing your security key.
The next step involves the detachment of your extender from the power cords for 20 to 30 seconds. Then plug in the router cord. Connect the range extender after the cables get stable. In this way, you will get the extender and router in a synchronized condition.
Access your router’s DHCP table if you want your extender to be installed successfully. Follow these new Netgear extender setup steps properly.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO CONNECT THE EXTENDER?
A number of times, you might face issues with the process of setting up a Netgear Wi-Fi range extender. This problem is quite common if you are a new user of the extender. Inability to connect your system with the extender is counted as the most common error. By following some of the essential tips and tricks, you can easily resolve this issue.
- Location plays an essential role in the overall performance of the extender. It is advised to place the extender in the middle of the room so that it can transmit the signals in all directions prominently. Make sure that there is a power socket nearby so that it gets the required power without much hassle.
- Most of the users are unaware of the fact that many objects might create interference in the path of the signals of the extender. The major ones are radio, electrical gadgets like microwave, fridge, etc.
- If nothing works for you, then you can unplug the extender for a few seconds and then rexconnect it again later. This whole process is known as rebooting in terms of wifi extender Netgear setup.
- Make changes in the position of the antennas so that they can catch the signals and then transmit them in all corners of your house or workplace. Always place the antennas vertically or horizontally.
- Keep an eye on the placement of the extender (away from the electronic devices and near to a power socket).
- Make sure that the plug socket you are using functions properly and does not damage internally or externally.
- Check out the power LED lights on the extender. Make sure it blinks up in solid green color.
- Double-check the internet connectivity. Make sure it is high, and there is no-huddle.
- Choose the vertical position to keep the extender’s antennas.
- Always use the latest version of the browser to search out the required IP address.
Another thing to keep in mind is the right username and the password. Otherwise, you will be unable to access your account. For an instant, you can use ADMIN as the username and PASSWORD as the password of the extender.
Using these troubleshooting tips, you can easily get rid of the most common issues with your Netgear Extender Setup. Always pay attention to each and every point, as this will help you minimize silly mistakes!