NETGEAR GENIE SETUP
To define Netgear Genie Setup, it is an application that is supportive to both PC and Mac devices. With this, you can easily monitor, control, and repair home networks by configuring NETGEAR home routers. All you need to keep in mind is to use the latest firmware because not all genie functions are supported on older firmware.
With the help of an authentic desktop application called Netgear Genie, you can easily configure and manage Netgear home router graphically using a simple application. It can go well with both the platforms – the Windows as well as the MAC operating system.
The application makes the whole process of setting up the extender easy for the non-techie person as they can easily control & manage the home network from changing SSID to terminating non-authenticated users.
STEPS FOR NETGEAR GENIE SMART SETUP
Using the Netgear Genie Setup, you can manage the Netgear devices and their configuration. You can do so while working around with the Netgear range extenders. In this way, you don’t need to access your Netgear router or Netgear extender using the IP address. Check out the following steps related to genie setup!
- The very first thing that you need to consider is to connect the extender to an available WiFi network.
- Startup the computer system or the laptop to connect to the current network.
- Open up your favorite browser of your choice and fill in the required IP address in the search column.
- Log in to mywifiext.net using the default username and password.
- Once you click OK, the Genie Setup page will open in front of you.
- Now you get the chance to make changes in the technical settings as per the need.
NETGEAR GENIE SETUP PAGE USING WINDOWS 10
If you are using Windows 10 and you want to access the Netgear genie Setup, then you need to follow some easy steps. The following points will ease out the process of installation.
- To make sure that the extender is connected to the Power system as well as the Wi-Fi network, press the start button on the extender.
- To initiate the process, select the ‘Network’ option available on the screen.
- Then you need to right-click on ‘Range Extender’. You will find this on the computer screen.
- Now you will see a page that will open up in front of you where you have to fill in the required Log-in credentials. For this to happen smoothly, you need to enter your username and password to continue with the process.
- This acts as the last step to complete the Netgear genie Setup process.
FEATURES OF NETGEAR GENIE
Talking about the amazing features of the mywifiext genie setup app, there is a huge list of points and here we are discussing the same in detail.
- Using smartphones or tablets, it will become easy to control and monitor the network settings at your home or workplace.
- Smartphones can also be used to enjoy seamlessly stream videos and music files using the My Media option in your network.
- You get the option to get prints from phones or iPads. For that, you just need to add Air Print compatibility to any printer.
- You will get better security factors in your mobiles and tablets. There is an availability of features like QR code, with EZ mobile connect feature.
- The parental control feature lets you protect your child from getting access to wrong or invalid information.
- You also get the option to monitor and control the network settings of the Network App.
- You can enjoy the feature of in-house monitoring of all Guess Access in the network.
- Using the WiFi Analytics Feature, you get to monitor the WiFi Analytics of your network.
- Debug any issues in the network.
When it comes to using the Netgear Genie setup with your desktop, you get even more options to make the whole process easy and convenient.
- With the help of the Netgear Genie Speed Test, you can test the speed on Netgear Genie Setup. There are two methods under this category – one will measure how fast your PC can download website content and another one will measure the ISP broadband speed.
- The option of Guest Network is also there. You get the option to view and change the settings for that guest network in case the router supports a guest wireless network. With the option of the guest network, other users are allow to use your wireless router to access the Internet. But there is no need to worry as they cannot use the content on other computers or devices on the same network.
- By accessing the guest network settings, you get the option to change the wireless settings for the Guest network without logging in to the interface of your router.
- Next is the option of Netgear Genie Network Map which allows you to see the router’s Internet connections. You can see the good connections in solid green color and red color indicates that the connection is not well.
- When it comes to wireless settings, you get the option to view the current basic wireless settings for your router. You can make modifications in terms of SSID, selection of channels, password, security levels, and more. All you need is to change the wireless settings using the Modify button. Click on Apply once you are done with the changes. You might need to lose your wireless connection and then have to re-connect with the same in case you are wirelessly connected to the router.
- The option of Parental Control offers you the right to decide a list of things that you want your kids to see. In this way, he or she will stay away from the invalid content on the internet.
You can get access to a number of tools too. This includes the following list.
- PING: Using this tool, you can test a path from your computer to a destination you specify.
- TRACEROUTE: Using this tool, you can identify the route taken by data packets from your computer to the host.
- DNS LOOKUP: Using this tool, it will become easy for you to find the IP address of a hostname or a website.
- COMPUTER PROFILE: If you want to get a look at all the details about the computer that you are currently using, then you need to use this option. This will provide you information regarding the current network connections and operating system.
NETGEAR GENIE APP IS NOT WORKING – COMMON ISSUES!
- The very first thing that you need to consider is to make sure that the extender is connected to an active wifi network.
- Another thing is to eliminate all the cookies and cache memory that can affect the performance of web browsers.
- Keep an eye on the internet connection of the PC.
- Make sure you fill in the right IP address in the URL bar only, not in the search bar of the browser.
- If the browser you are using is not working properly, then it’s better to use another browser.
- If nothing works for you, then you might need to reboot the whole system as well as the devices connected to it.
- Use the updated version of the firmware. Errors can easily occur if it is not updated.
- Try resetting the extender to default settings.
- Make sure you are using reliable Ethernet cables and other equipment for better functioning.
- In case, you have forgotten the username or password or both, recover them by following the right steps.
THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE USING NETGEAR GENIE APP!
Using the Netgear genie application, you can easily do a variety of things. This list includes stuff like remote access, setting up parental control, diagnose networks, repair networks, monitor activities, set up devices, and more. The app is not limited to these features as you can enjoy a lot more than this.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NETGEAR GENIE APP AND THE NETGEAR GENIE SMART SETUP!
Yes, there are a lot of differences in both the terms – Netgear genie application and the Netgear genie smart setup. All you know is to learn about both concepts. On one end, Netgear genie smart setup helps you in managing your home network and set up your devices. Whereas, the Netgear genie application is an app available for devices like a window, mac, phones to make the setup process of the extender easy and convenient.
IS NETGEAR GENIE APPLICATION FREE FOR USE?
Yes, the Netgear Genie App is totally free to use.
UNINSTALLING NETGEAR GENIE APP!
To uninstall the Netgear Genie setup App, you need to follow some simple steps. You can reinstall the app anytime depending on the device you are using.
- The very first thing is to open the program and features.
- Then, you need to click on the Netgear Genie from the list.
- Click Uninstall to start the process.