Receiving prominent wifi signals at home or workplace can be taken as a great battle for many users. Are you facing issues like poor quality signals while watching videos and uploading them? Or you face problems while regulating a video chat with relatives and friends. Well, then you are in definite need of buying a new extender. When it comes to new extender setup, most of the users are worried about the errors faced in the installation process. You can easily minimize the issues by following all the steps of setup in an organized manner or you can use mywifiext genie setup app which is especially there to make the setup process easy.
Wifi Extender –
A device that you can easily attach to your computer and laptop with the aim to uplift the internet connection at your home is called wifi extender. These amazing devices are a great relief for those who want to use the internet even when they are not at home, office, or are connected to a wired network. You can buy these devices in different sizes and there are multiple brands to invest in. Netgear is one of the leading brands in the market of wifi range extenders and the best part is you can do the Genie set up to make the overall setup part easier and convenient.
To manage your network settings, Netgear Genie App is an amazing option to invest in. You will get fantastic features that will make the overall extender setup process easy, within your fingertips. Using these amazing features, you can control, monitor, and manage your network settings without much hassle. The app is very user-friendly and makes the management of the Netgear account quite convenient.
Another amazing addition to the series of Genie App features is that you can manage your device remotely. You can enable the remote access feature and using this you can access your network through Netgear Genie. This thing also works when you are away from your home or workplace. All you need is your tablet or smartphone to diagnose and fix network-related issues.
All of this is done using the Genie remote features. Moreover, you can have guest access, a divine feature of network mapping, and you can even reboot your whole device.
Why Netgear Genie Smart App?
If you’re looking for a simple way to set up your new Wi-Fi Range Extender, then Netgear Genie smart setup app provides you a simple way to do so.
Just by opening the web browser on your computer system or laptop, you can connect to the current network. Then, take a reliable Ethernet cable to establish a connection between the extender and the router along with other devices. For maximum benefits, make sure that you have already created a Netgear Genie App account.
Features of Netgear Genie App:
Talking about the amazing features of the Netgear genie smart setup App, you will find that the whole application is meant to make the setup process of the Netgear extender easier for users. It is a great help for those who are working with the extender for the very first time. Here we are discussing some of the features so that you can get aware of their uses.
- Network Map – With this option, you can get an overview of all the connected devices to your network. You also get to see the respective IP addresses.
- Traffic Meter – This option makes it easy for you to monitor data consumption.
- MyMedia® – Using this option of the Genie App, you can play your favorite media files on your network.
- EZ Mobile Connect – This is a newly available option of the Genie App. By using QR codes only, you can connect to your network easily.
- Parental Control – To make sure that your kids and other close ones don’t get access to your confidential information, this option comes very handily. You can restrict the access of others without any hassle.
General Problems With The Setup Process:
It is true that many users faced issues while setting up the Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender. Here we are giving you a small glimpse of the most common problems and their respective effective solutions.
- The most common problem with the majority of users is low internet connection. It is obvious that if you don’t have prominent internet availability at your home or workplace, then you won’t be able to set up the extender properly. You will definitely face multiple problems.
- If you are planning to go for wired connectivity, then you need to invest in a high-quality Ethernet cable. Make sure that this cable is not damaged and working properly. Using this, you can conveniently establish the connection between the extender and the router.
- Many times, it is seen that users forget their username or password. In this situation, you have to recover the password. For that, you need to follow some steps.
- Another major aspect is to use a proper power socket. Make sure that it is not damaged.
- Using outdated firmware or web browsers can also lead to errors. So make sure you are using the updated version of the firmware of your device.
- Humans can also make mistakes while typing in the appropriate IP address in the web browser. For example, if you are feeling 192.168.1.25 instead of 192.168.1.250, you will surely see a pop-up message of an error on your screen. You can use the copy-paste method to avoid such errors.
- Red light issues are counted as the most critical ones. If the extender is showing a solid green light, then it means the connections are established properly.
- On the other hand, if the light is red in color, it means there is some connectivity error. To avoid this kind of issue, you need to recheck all the cables connected to the devices.
- To gain desired results, keep the extender and the router in the same room. This will lead to effective connectivity.
Concluding up, if you are one of those who are facing issues with the setup process of the extender, then it is highly advised to install the Netgear Genie setup app on your smart device. This will make the set a process quite easy to handle. Moreover, you will save time and effort.