Are you facing multiple issues with the Netgear new extender setup process? Do you feel irritated while setting up routers and extenders at your home or workplace? If the answer to these questions is YES, then you have clicked on the right link. To enhance the reach of your wifi network, extenders are the optimum devices to install at your home. These devices uplift the overall quality of the signal over long distances. As per the name, the repeaters repeat or double the signals so that they can reach all corners of your place.
How To Log In To The Wifi Extender?
The very first thing is to connect the extender with the wifi network. For that, you need to position the extender well so that the signals are transmitted in all directions properly. Power on the extender to a reliable power socket!
- Make sure that the extender, as well as the router, should be placed in one room.
- After you switch on the extender, the light on the extender must be in solid green color.
- To access a secure WiFi network without entering the name and password of the network, the option of WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup is the perfect option.
- On the side of the extender, you will find the WPS button, and once you press that, the WPS LED will start blinking.
- Press the WPS button on the router as well as the extender for a few seconds. When the lights on both devices turn green, it is the perfect time to establish a connection.
- Change the wireless network name (SSID) of the extender to the new WiFi network name.
- Another thing is to select the optimum position within your current network range of WiFi routers.
In case the LED light of the extender doesn’t blink up, it means there is some problem with the working status of the power socket.
NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup –
You also get the option of locating and connecting NETGEAR_EXT using the WiFi network manager. The Client Link LED lights are set up after the connection to the computer or mobile device is built.
- Open the window of a web browser on the same screen or mobile device. By doing so, you will directly reach the smart Netgear Genie Setup.
- At this point, you will need to select the specific network that you want to extend. Click CONTINUE after that.
- Fill in the password of the network in the Password field.
- Now you need to choose from Private Network or Public Network radio button.
- In the name area, type in the name (SSID) of your Netgear wifi range extender.
- To connect to the extender’s newly built WiFi network, use the WiFi network manager of the machine or mobile device.
In case, you are getting weak signals, you will have to change the location of the extender by moving the extender to a new location. Make sure that the position you pick falls in the range of the current WiFi router network.
Finding The Right Location –
An arrow LED blinks for two minutes in case the wifi signals are weak. It is recommended to adjust the position of the extender if you are facing the following circumstances.
- You are advised to place the extender at a new location if there are no arrows LEDs illuminated.
- You are advised to move the extender closer to the router in case the router arrows are blinking.
- You are advised to move the computer or mobile device next to the extender of the arrows that are blinking from the client.
COMMON ERRORS & TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:
If you are a new user and facing issues with your Netgear extender, then there are high chances that you might have done some of the following things.
- The most common problem is when you have placed the extender away from the router. This leads to connectivity errors and you might face issues with establishing connections between the extender and router and the computer system as well.
- In case you have not updated the web browser or the firmware of the extender or router, then you might face issues, and popping up of error messages is obvious.
- Many times, you face issues due to a low internet connection or there is no internet connection available at your place.
- It is also seen that the spelling of the IP address of the extender is not filled correctly. For an instance, if you type in 192.168.188.01 instead of 192.168.188.1, you will not connect to the right page. There are chances that an error message will pop up on your screen.
- If you are establishing a wired connection, then make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using is not damaged and working properly. While connecting, make sure that the wifi extender’s power LED light should be lit up.
- If the extender is not ready and has been reset partially (not in a complete manner), then also you will face errors related to the new Netgear extender setup process.
- By placing the extender, router, and computer system in a single room, you can establish a strong connection. Another thing is to make sure that the power socket is working properly.
- It is often seen that many users forget the username or password or both. In this scenario, you will need to follow a prominent procedure to recover the password. If you are using the default credentials, then you can use ADMIN as the username and PASSWORD as the password.
- The blinking of the red light on the extender is another issue. To tackle this, it is advised to re-establish the connections or try to reset all the devices and switch them ON again after a few moments.
In conclusion, these are the essential details related to the wifi extender Netgear setup process. Here in this guide, we are also telling you the required troubles with the Netgear extender login process as well as the essential troubleshooting tips which will help you in using this extender like a pro.